Ashville College’s high-quality teaching and facilities make us one of the UK’s leading co-educational independent day and boarding schools, with 790 pupils at present, of whom 94 are boarders, comprising international, British and UK Forces pupils.
Founded in 1877, Ashville has a proud past, and an even brighter future, yet our ethos and values remain loyal to our Methodist traditions, where each child is known and nurtured within a caring, safe and supportive environment.
What we offer
- Outstanding learning provision across all year groups, from Acorns Pre-Prep (2-5 years), Prep School (6-10 years), Senior School (11-16 years), and Sixth Form (17-18 years)
- 70-acre campus close to the beautiful spa town of Harrogate and the Yorkshire Dales
- A rewarding and vibrant boarding experience – an extensive range of evening and weekend activities and no exeat weekends
- Small class sizes and low staff:pupil ratios
- A focus on developing each individual, wherever their strengths lie
- A full and varied Co-Curricular Programme of activities
- A reputation for sporting excellence and a state-of-the-art Sports Centre
- Ashville pupils are constantly challenged and encouraged to achieve their best results
- A wide range of subject options is offered at GCSE and over 20 A Level and BTEC courses (including the Cambridge Technical in Performing Arts) in our Sixth Form
- We are the only independent school in the North of the UK (and the only HMC School) to be accredited by the New England Association of School and Colleges (NEASC) to award US High School Diplomas.
Whether your child’s talent is academic, sporting, musical, dramatic or in any other co-curricular activity, we will support them to become the best versions of themselves.
Take the next step