BSA & AGBIS webinar – Safeguarding highlights for Governors
September 15 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Date: September 15, 2022
- Time: 17:00 – 18:00
- Cost: BSA Full / AGBIS Member: £50, Additional BSA Full / AGBIS Member: £10, BSA Affiliate Member: £75, Additional BSA Affiliate Member: £15, Non-member: £100
- Audience: All Governors, especially those with particular responsibility for Safeguarding and/or Boarding.
- Platform: Zoom (online)
This webinar will give Governors an overview regarding their safeguarding responsibilities and will focus on recent updates relevant to the sector. There will also be a focus on ensuring appropriate responses to the safeguarding situation post-COVID.
In association with AGBIS, this webinar will cover the new additions to KCSIE 2021. For Governors with an interest in boarding, comment will be made on the proposed updates to the National Minimum Standards, which are likely to be implemented during in the course of the academic year.
Training topics will include:
- KCSIE 2021
- The latest safeguarding headlines
- Potential updates to National Minimum Standards for Boarding
- Safeguarding responsibilities of Governors
- Oversight and self-audit.
- Increased awareness of current safeguarding issues
- Increased understanding of the responsibilities of all Governors for safeguarding
- Recommendations of best practice management relating to safeguarding.
Trainer: Dale Wilkins, Senior Director, BSA and BSA Group
Dale joined the BSA during Summer 2017 with responsibility for safeguarding and standards. In July 2019 he also assumed responsibility for the BSA’s accredited training programme. Dale leads on all safeguarding and inspection matters for the BSA, including managing the Commitment to Care Charter, the annual Safeguarding Conference, the Safeguarding Forum. He has also developed a process of BSA Accreditation for our overseas members.
For 31 years Dale was a boarding practitioner. After boarding positions at Norwich School and Tettenhall College, Dale became a Housemaster at Old Swinford Hospital in 1992, and was promoted to Deputy Head in 2007, and subsequently also DSL. He has also been a multi-agency trainer for the Dudley Safeguarding Children’s Board and has been closely involved in inspection in state and independent boarding since 2002.
Dale had previously been a BSA course tutor since 1998 and developed the BSA Self-Assessment Toolkit.