15 August 2020
Application Closing Date:
20 July 2020
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is seeking an experienced House Parent for the Boys Boarding House.
The successful candidate should have an excellent feeling for the physical, social and mental needs of young people, and maintain a strong boarding culture in accordance with the Amadeus Mission and Annual Goals.
Amadeus International School is a young, unique and dynamic IB World School (PYP, MYP and DP) located in heritage listed buildings on a beautiful campus in Vienna.
We strive to create a strong sense of community, which allows students to discover their talents during the education process. With a strong commitment to creativity and performance throughout the school, AMADEUS has a dedicated Academy of Music and the Arts.
Our excellent boarding facilities host students from around the world as part of a school community of more than 45 nationalities. Our family-style boarding houses build a sense of community and cater for both boys and girls between Grades 6 to 12.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF SUPPORT AND LEARNING
· Safeguard and promote the welfare of students in the boarding houses
· Comply with all relevant boarding standards, including those for safeguarding, health and safety, medical, and those specified in the relevant school handbooks and policy
· Provide student support and further student’s personal, moral, physical and intellectual development
· Contribute to the administration and supervision of the boarding house including after school activities and study hall to the best of one’s skills and abilities
· Liaise and communicate with parents, legal guardians, and colleagues on all matters of boarding student life as appropriate and within the agreed communication protocols
· Monitor and report the general progress of boarding students within the boarding team and bring this in a timely manner to the attention of the various support teams (e.g. counsellor, nurse), the Head of Boarding and Head of School as appropriate
· Contribute wholeheartedly and unreservedly to the development of a positive, collaborative, and flexible team of residential staff who embody the school’s mission, vision, and values
· Maintain a positive house culture and be a positive role model
· Support other colleagues in their roles (including catering, house-keeping and facilities)
· Contribute to the wider school community where skills, interests, passions and needs align
· Boarding experience, school or social education work experience
· University degree in education, psychology or a similar field
· Valid residency and work permit for Austria or EU citizen
· Excellent command of the English language
· Strong judgement and a fast learner
· Additional languages (especially German)
· First aid training
· Experience in the pedagogical or student care field
· Teaching qualification
· Other skills to contribute to the schools extra curricular program
WHAT WE OFFER
· A welcoming and inclusive work environment with a sense of mission and community
· Long-term employment in an international company as well as other benefits including longer school holidays
· Ability to be involved in a variety of projects as well as community activities
· Participating in student trips in Austria and/or Europe
· Attractive working environment within an open and warm community
· Accommodation and board on campus
· The salary, depending on qualifications and experience, follows the current salary scale with a minimum gross monthly salary of 1,630.00 EUR (14 times a year; the salary includes deductions for accommodation expenses) for an employment based on a full-time equivalent
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a highly motivated a team player, please send your full application (including CV, cover letter, photo and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amadeus International School Vienna provides a quality all-round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
Thank you for understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.