We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Summer School EFL Teachers to join our team during the summer months. The Summer School Teachers will be responsible for delivering engaging and interactive lessons to international students, aged 14-17, who will be attending our residential summer school program. The teachers will work closely with the Director of Summer School, Director of Studies, and other staff members to create a memorable and educational experience for the students.
Duration: 35 days (Monday 1st July to Sunday 4th August inclusive)
About Padworth College and Summer School
Padworth College is an independent boarding and day school located in the charming village of Padworth, near Reading in the United Kingdom. The College provides a supportive and nurturing environment for students aged 14-19, offering a range of academic programs designed to prepare students for university and future career opportunities.
Padworth’s summer school is unique because it is organized by the school itself. It offers a variety of academic options and modules for students aged 14-17 during the summer months of July and August. The focus is not only on academic development, but also on character building. We aim for everyone in our community, including staff and students, to cultivate five important character virtues: being a team player, being kind, being self-disciplined, being engaged, and being reflective. Our ultimate goal is to encourage creativity, boost confidence and independence, and create lasting memories in a safe and supportive environment.
· Bachelor’s degree. Preferably in a relevant subject area (e.g., English, Maths, Science, Social Sciences, or Languages)
· A recognized teaching qualification (e.g., PGCE, QTS, CELTA, DELTA) is essential -120 hour TEFL qualifications are not accepted unless recognised as a Level 5 by Ofqual.
· Proven experience in teaching international students, preferably in a summer school or similar educational setting
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of teaching methodologies, and assessment methods
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with students, colleagues, and parents
· Flexible and adaptable approach to teaching, with the ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of a diverse student body
· Enthusiasm for cultural exchange and the ability to create a supportive and inclusive environment for students from different backgrounds
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
· Commitment to professional growth and development, including staying updated with current educational practices and trends
· A valid enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check or willingness to obtain one
Hours of work:
Teaching: Teachers will teach a maximum of 21 hours of class per week between 09:00-15:00. They will also be required to support on one half-day excursion or academic trip each week between 13:30-18:00 as well as one full day excursion per week between 08:00-18:00.
Enrichment: Teachers will have a maximum of two evening trips or on-campus activities per week 19:00-21:30.
Teachers will receive one full 24-hour period off each week. Meals are provided when staff are on duty.
If you are passionate about teaching and working with international students in a summer school setting, we would love to hear from you. If you would like more information or would like to apply for the Summer School Teacher position, please submit an application available at https://www.padworth.com/about-us/current-vacancies/ along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Padworth College to firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.