Padworth Summer School is seeking to appoint Summer School Activities Assistants to join us at an exciting time as we re-launch our Summer School.
We seek responsible, patient and compassionate individuals with a good sense of humour to join our Summer School Team.
Duration: 35 days (Monday 1st July to Sunday 4th August (inclusive)
Salary £480 – £520 per week
About Padworth College and Summer School
Padworth College is an independent boarding and day school located in the charming village of Padworth, near Reading in the United Kingdom. The College provides a supportive and nurturing environment for students aged 14-19, offering a range of academic programs designed to prepare students for university and future career opportunities.
Padworth’s summer school is unique because it is organized by the school itself. It offers a variety of academic options and modules for students aged 14-17 during the summer months of July and August. The focus is not only on academic development, but also on character building. We aim for everyone in our community, including staff and students, to cultivate five important character virtues: being a team player, being kind, being self-disciplined, being engaged, and being reflective. Our ultimate goal is to encourage creativity, boost confidence and independence, and create lasting memories in a safe and supportive environment.
As a Summer School Activities Assistant at Padworth College Summer School, you will play a crucial role in creating a memorable and engaging experience for international students attending our summer courses. All Activities Assistant roles are required to be residential for the duration of the summer school.
· Previous experience working with children or teenagers in an educational, summer school, or similar setting is preferred.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with diverse groups of students.
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
· A positive and enthusiastic attitude, with a passion for supporting the personal and educational development of students.
· A strong sense of responsibility, with the ability to make quick decisions and solve problems effectively.
· Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate the summer school schedule.
· A valid First Aid certificate is desirable but not essential (training can be provided).
Hours of work
Variable hours between 7:30am and 11.00pm. Shifts and time off are organised on a rota basis. Subject to restrictions on age, Summer School Activities Assistants are also expected to remain in the boarding residence from 10.30pm and sleep in the boarding residence every night that students are present unless specific permission is given by the Director of Summer School.
Activity Assistant will be given one full 24-hour period off each week as well as one evening – They are not required to stay in the boarding residences during this time.
Join the Padworth College Summer School team and make a lasting impact on the educational journey of international students while creating meaningful and memorable experiences this summer!
If you are passionate about working with international students in a summer school setting, we would love to hear from you. To apply for the Summer School activities assistant position, please submit an application available at https://www.padworth.com/about-us/current-vacancies/along with a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Padworth College to email@example.com Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Includes accommodation and full board! This includes all meals, Laundry service once a week and great rates of pay!