WHO WE ARE
Collège du Léman is one of Switzerland’s most prestigious international day and boarding schools, located on the edge of Lake Geneva in view of the Swiss Alps. The school helps students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence, and global citizenship. It is a truly international community with more than 120 different nationalities among the 1800 day and 250 boarding students. They come together on a green, village-like campus covering 8 hectares.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Nurse in our school, you ensure the safe and efficient delivery of clinical care within the school environment as part of the Health Center team. You communicate professionally with staff, parents and management all details concerning medical care and keep the Health Centre administration work up to date.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of clinical care whilst on duty
- Responsible for the assessment of care needs and the evaluation and implementation of a programme of care without supervision
- Establishing and maintaining a clear line of communication between the medical centre and the rest of the school, adhering to strict guidelines on confidentiality
- Establishing and maintaining professional contact with the parents of the patients
- Ensure that own nursing practices comply with professional code of conduct and CDL Medical Centre policies and procedures
- Liaise with house staff and on-site staff professionally and effectively, always utilizing excellent communication skills
- Maintaining accurate clear records of attendances, and care provided
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
In order to qualify for this position, you are required to possess a nursing qualification that is recognized by Swiss law. While experience in emergency and pediatric nursing is considered desirable, it is not mandatory for the role. However, a keen interest in primary nursing and health care education for teenagers is essential. Additionally, you must demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in both English and French languages. Good interpersonal skills are also highly valued for this position. Moreover, the ability to remain resilient under pressure is crucial, given the demanding nature of the work environment. You are a dedicated professional capable of providing high-quality nursing care.
It is important that the post holder is always aware of Child Protection guidelines and observes a professional distance from students whilst still developing effective working and caring relationships. You understand and embrace the importance of diversity and inclusion and stand against discrimination in any form. Background investigations and reference checks for the past ten years will be conducted during the selection process.
The applications will be reviewed upon receipt.