Teikyo School UK seeks to appoint a Residential House Matron to offer a high level of welfare and pastoral care to all boarders as a member of our boarding and welfare team.
Teikyo School UK
The School was founded in 1989 and is in beautiful countryside near Windsor Castle. The School is a co-educational Japanese school offering a senior high school education to Japanese students aged 15 to 18 years old. Around 30 students are studying at the School, which offers a diverse curriculum that allows the students to develop cultural awareness, strengthen their English language skills and prepare for future careers in the global arena. Teikyo School UK is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offering IB Diploma Programme.
The position of Residential House Matron is one of significant importance and responsibility. it is a role to play a key pastoral care by nurturing the physical, social, and emotional well-being of the students and create a happy, safe, and well-disciplined a ‘home away from home’ environment in the boarding houses. We are seeking a candidate who is happy to work in a small school and is able to provide one- to-one support and care to boarders with individual needs without discrimination or favouritism.
We envisage the Residential House Matron to be part of the “Teikyo Family”, a friendly, supportive community that is close to each student and staff member.
Full time, term-time position
Depending on experience and qualifications but is expected to be from £24,000 plus complimentary accommodation and dining service.
Working Hours and Pattern
Five days on including weekends and two days off duty. On call in the boarding house during the work nights.
- Complimentary on-site single accommodation with dining service.
- Use of School fitness room, tennis courts and swimming pool.
- Company pension scheme.
- Company subsidised eye tests & glasses and annual medical checks.
- Boarding School House Matron experience.
- Be sympathetic and empathetic with emotional calm, stability, and resilience.
- Ability to offer a high level of tailored pastoral support to boarding students.
- Native level English (including writing and reading).
- Able to engage with students in an educational way, with an awareness of working in an educational institution.
- Being open-minded towards other cultures.
For further information, PLEASE SEE THE CANDIDATE INFORMATION PACK or contact to
email@example.com / 01753 663711 (Weekdays from 8:30 to 16:00 – Bursar)
Teikyo School UK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. As part of the selection process the successful
applicant will be required to obtain an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.