Port Regis is one of the country’s leading co-educational day and boarding schools for children aged two to
thirteen. A school in which tradition and innovation have gone hand in hand for more than a century, we
provide a thoughtful, rounded education that enables children to thrive. This education goes well beyond
our beautiful buildings and outstanding facilities – it is rooted in our culture and values.
We are looking for a Level 1 or Level 2 Gymnastics Coach, or a committed candidate willing to gain
qualifications at the Port Regis Gymnastics Club, who will:
• coach gymnastics for Port Regis pupils and external gym users (all children) and support the
gymnasts at events and competitions when required;
• assist with coaching squad groups;
• assist with competition planning and organisation, British Gymnastics’ hire of the gym and general
administration for the gym.
Part-time or full-time hours are available, including evening and weekends. Please let us know your
preferred working hours.
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidates can expect:
• Competitive salary, pension and holiday benefits.
• Complimentary use of the School’s staff gym and Sports Centre.
• Delicious meals in our Dining Hall during term time.
• To join a delightful team and exceptional working environment.
Accommodation on site can also be provided if desired. Please contact the Director of HR
(email@example.com) for further details.
As soon as possible.
Key Responsibilities – Gym
• To deliver coaching sessions to the level of your coaching qualification.
• Assist with coaching squad groups.
• Assist with competition planning and organisation, British Gymnastics’ hire of the gym and general
administration for the gym.
• To do the necessary preparation and set up prior to sessions and liaise with other coaches as needed.
• To assist the Head Coach running sessions and following instructions.
• To provide positive and fun sessions.
• To act as a positive role model and lead by example. Demonstrate good coaching practice and provide
motivation to all coaches and gymnasts.
• Ensure that you abide by the gym rules at all times. Take the necessary action if there is a breach of
the rules and notify the Head Coach at the earliest possible opportunity.
• To act in a responsible and appropriate manner at all times in accordance with the Port Regis and
British Gymnastics codes of conduct, ethics and best practice.
• To actively promote Port Regis gymnastics where possible.
• To ensure accurate registers of your sessions are kept.
• To communicate effectively with parents regarding your gymnasts’ progress.
• To deliver Award Schemes effectively, accurately and regularly.
• To be involved with planning and preparation of activities, the management of resources and
compilation of records and reports as necessary.
• To co-operate with other members of staff, sharing information, ideas and expertise.
Key responsibilities – Pastoral
• All staff are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times and to support and
foster the vision and values of the School.
• Comply with statutory requirements for example the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data
Protection Act and School policies and procedures in this regard.
• Safeguarding and compliance with our Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and procedures.
• Maintain positive and effective communication with all members of the Port Regis community
including pupils, staff, parents and Old Port Regians (OPRs); external users; the local community;
and outside agencies.
• Ensure the reflection of Port Regis’ values in all communications.
• Adhere to the school’s policies as contained in the Staff Handbook.
• Undertake other such duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
• A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
• Passion for gymnastics and the benefits for all children.
• Motivated to work with young people, able to form and maintain appropriate rapport and emotional
• The ability to understand and implement the learning process and training principles.
• The ability to motivate and assist gymnasts to develop new skills safely.
• The ability to teach from ages 2-13.
• A good team player.
• Good interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with gymnasts, parents and other
members of staff.
• Flexibility – the ability to commit to working during evenings, weekends and school holidays.
• Good communication, organisational and time management skills and punctuality.
• Be willing to ‘go the extra mile’ and be flexible around the needs of the Gym.
• A kind, caring and cheerful nature.
• Adaptable and calm under pressure.
• Level 1 (or above) gymnastics coaching qualification.
• Experience of coaching children aged 2-13.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Port Regis is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse
range of suitably qualified candidates, including candidates wishing to work flexibly and requiring
Please contact Karen Harkin ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for details of how to apply. The closing date
for applications is 6 March 2024. Please read the Explanatory Note which contains details of our safer
recruitment vetting checks before applying.
Note: The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young
persons, for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact, will be to adhere to and
ensure compliance with the school’s Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy at all times. If, in the course
of carrying out the role, the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or
welfare of children in the school, they must report any concerns to the school’s Designated Safeguarding
Lead or to the Headmaster.