Collège du Léman is one of Switzerland’s most prestigious international day and boarding schools, located on the edge of Lake Geneva in view of the Swiss Alps. The school helps students to find their place in the world by inspiring individual growth, academic excellence, and global citizenship. It is a truly international community with more than 150 different nationalities among the 1800-day and 250 boarding students. They come together on a green, village-like campus covering 8 hectares.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Boarding Graduate Assistant, you will join a culturally diverse team of staff coming from a range of different countries. The team includes Boarding Assistants, House Parents, Senior House Parents, Deputy Heads, and the Director of Boarding to whom all staff is accountable. The Boarding team operates in a unique and privileged scenario where the main focus can be on the well-being and pastoral care of the boarders. You like and understand children and teenagers and you are able to use common sense. The post would, therefore, suit applicants considering teaching as a career, but also working with young people and experiencing education in the broader sense and not simply in the four walls of the classroom. Applications from other fields are also welcomed.
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students in the boarding house
- Ensuring that the general atmosphere of the house is conducive to studying at the designated times
- Organising and supervising weekend and evening activities when on duty
- Reporting any maintenance issues in the boarding house
- Manning the boarding office and assisting with administrative duties related to the running of the house
- Maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour by the students
- Supervising mealtimes and bedtimes when on duty
- Assisting with matters concerning students’ health as directed by the School Nurse and in accordance with the school’s procedures
- Keeping relevant records
- Airport transfers
- Supervision duties during school breaks and lunch
- Extra-Curricular Activity help
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
You are an energetic, enthusiastic, team player, but also resistant to pressure and well organised. You have a good sense of humour and believe in positive and respectful relationships. You have excellent interpersonal skills, especially with students. Your level of English is excellent.
You will be exhausted at the end of the day, but the rewards will be extraordinary!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Boarding Graduate Assistants will be required to work throughout the term, with one day off per week and one weekend off once every two weeks. Accommodation in a Boarding House will be provided from the start of the year until the end of the academic year. The monthly salary is CHF2’000.-. Meals are also provided during term time. Private health insurance is compulsory in Switzerland and as part of the package, CDL will offer their Boarding Graduate Assistants Health Insurance if eligible and we will cover up to CHF250.- of their transportation costs. The position is available immediately.
It is important that the post holder is always aware of Child Protection guidelines and observes a professional distance from students whilst still developing effective working and caring relationships. You understand and embrace the importance of diversity and inclusion and stand against discrimination in any form. Background investigations and reference checks for the past ten years will be conducted during the selection process.