St Mary’s Calne
St Mary’s Calne offers an academically enriching working environment within the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy transport links to Bristol, Bath and London.
St Mary’s Calne is a member of the Headmasters’ and Headmistress’ Conference (HMC); it is a leader in the field of girls’ independent boarding education. It has around 360 girls aged 11-18, including 120+ girls in the Sixth Form. As well as innovative teaching, learning and scholarship, St Mary’s Calne offers outstanding pastoral care and a vibrant, warm community.
St Mary’s Calne believes in excellence in all respects. As a school community, we thrive amidst a culture of strong expectations and the education which we provide nurtures and develops the concept of high performance. The principal aim is to develop well-rounded pupils who are equipped to excel as adults.
Co-curricular opportunities beyond the classroom are a vital and integral part of life for girls at St Mary’s Calne. These opportunities are woven into the timetable during the day, in the evenings and at weekends. We believe that both boarders and day girls benefit from all aspects of the strong boarding ethos of the school.
St Mary’s Calne is looking for a warm, approachable and professional administrator to take responsibility for the admissions process from the initial enquiry through until a pupil joins the school.
The Head of Admissions plays a pivotal role in both attracting and retaining pupils by efficiently managing the admissions process while building strong relationships with families and ensuring an excellent service. The Head of Admissions works closely with the Marketing team and is front of house at a variety of events and school shows. Candidates should therefore be willing to work flexibly when required, including some weekends and evenings.
The Head of Admissions is responsible to the Director of External Relations (covering Admissions, Marketing and Development), and will be supported by two other Admissions colleagues who are currently in post.
What we want from you
- A confident, warm and welcoming manner in person and on the telephone.
- An excellent command of written English and the ability to communicate ideas and information in an imaginative and compelling way.
- An eye for detail and excellent proof-reading skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- High computer literacy (particularly Word and Excel), the use of databases and sufficient numeracy to deal with statistical data.
- Familiarity with social media and other communications channels.
- The ability to work well as a part of a team and to assist others where required.
- A pro-active approach to planning and prioritising work with the ability to use initiative appropriately.
- Flexibility, energy and resilience.
- A smart personal and professional appearance.
- An understanding of the expectations, ethos and aims of a full boarding school.
- Committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of children and young people.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and generous pension scheme.
- Excellent and tailored CPD within the department and across the school.
- Discounted membership of the St Mary’s Calne Sports Club.
- Fee remission for daughters educated at St Mary’s Calne and for sons and daughters educated at St Margaret’s Preparatory School.
- Complimentary meals in the Dining Hall during term time.
- Free on-site parking.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
How to apply
Telephone: 01249 857200 (Nina Clark)
Closing date: 0900, Monday 19th February 2024
Proposed interviews: w/c 26th February 2024