Domestic and Laundry Assistant
Salary: Grade 2, Point 1, £13,490 – £16,188 pro-rata, depending on hours (£22,183
Contract: 41 weeks per year (term time plus three weeks)
Hours: 25 – 30 hours per week,
Starting date: December 2023, or by negotiation
Reporting to: Housekeeper
A vacancy has arisen for a Domestic & Laundry Assistant to work 25 hours per week in Burford School Boarding Department. Reporting to the Housekeeper, the successful candidate will be part of a team maintaining a clean and safe environment for all students and staff. Applicants must be motivated, have good communication skills and be team players.
Experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
Why work with us
Burford is an oversubscribed school situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty. This is an excellent school, with a superb environment for learning and a priority given to teacher development. Our aim is to recruit colleagues who will be stimulated by the prospect of working hard to share in our success.
Additional Staff Benefits
- Supportive continuous professional development and growth opportunities
- Health and wellbeing support including access to an Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations and a subsidised Healthcare Plan
- Local Government Pension scheme membership
- The school is located within a short walk of a picturesque Cotswold town
As we are a heavily oversubscribed school, children of staff have priority for admission to Burford School.⃰
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can see for yourself what makes Burford School such a special place to work – please contact Sarah Evans, HR Manager, to arrange this.
The successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For more information or an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact Mrs Woodward, Housekeeper.
- Please download details and an application form from our Eteach page: https://www.eteach.com/job/domestic-and-laundry-assistant-1386175
- Contact Sarah Evans, HR Manager, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the number above.
Burford School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
As part of the vetting procedures, shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search. This isn’t part of the shortlisting process, and there will be a chance to address any issues of concern should it be necessary.
We reserve the right to interview prior to the closing date, therefore early application is advised.
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023 (12:00pm)