OIC is a GCSE and A-level college teaching extremely ambitions students-most are from overseas and aiming to get into British Universities.
OIC is seeking a dedicated and responsible Day Warden to provide excellent care for boarders at Oxford International College whilst leading and managing an individual boarding house in accordance with the current minimum Ofsted Framework (SCIFF) and the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools (5 Sept 2022).
The main duties of the wardens are:
- To be “on duty” on the premises between the hours of 11.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- To be the first point of call for a maximum of 140 students.
- To address any student welfare issues in a sensible and timely manner, taking the appropriate advice where necessary.
- To carry the college mobile phone when on duty and to always answer it promptly.
- Each day you will have an 11.00 am handover meeting with the House Parent or Warden that has been on duty.
- During term-time this meeting will include being notified on any students that have not gone to college due to sickness or isolation.
- You will be responsible for any students on site during the day.
- You will update the nurse on any sick students or medication that a student has taken.
Hours of work:
- 30 hours per week during term-time
- 11.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
Start date: ASAP
Applicants should read our job description in detail before applying. To apply, we require a copy of your CV, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a completed application form and a covering email explaining why you feel you’d be right for the role.
Please visit our website www.oxcoll.com for a job description and application form.
Oxford International College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such, successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and provide two referees.