Full time – £28,337 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a full time Chef de Partie to join our busy team in West Berkshire at one of the leading Girls’ Independent Boarding Schools in the country.
The Chef de Partie is an integral member of the kitchen team. This role represents a fantastic opportunity for hard-working, motivated individuals with flair and creativity to take the next step and become part of the team.
• Support the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the running of daily operations, whilst ensuring the highest standard and quality of service is being consistently delivered.
• Have a good command of the menu and the ingredients required
• Oversee different sections and preparations
• Ordering and stock control
• Ensure all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety legislation is carried out.
• Previous experience of working within a similar role
• Previous experience of catering for large numbers
• Knowledge of a variety of local and international food ingredients and correct methods of preparation
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent team working skills
• A passion for food and a creative flair
• Attention to detail
• Resilience and drive to get things right first time
Transport can be available from central pick up points eg: Newbury, Thatcham, Woolhampton, Hampstead Norris and Burghclere.
Benefits include 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays and a week off at Christmas, free meals throughout the year, contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and great working conditions.
To learn more about the role and our school and to apply please click here https://vacancies.downehouse.net/vacancy-info.asp?id=874 and for recruitment enquiries, please call the HR Department or General Services Manager on 01635 204712 / 204644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and any offer of employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. Downe House is an equal opportunities employer.