The Boarding Schools' Association aims to champion boarding and promote boarding excellence
National Boarding Week - June 17 - 23, 2019
Celebrate boarding get involved! #iloveboarding
In June for the fourth year running the Boarding Schools’ Association is hosting National Boarding Week. A week of fun activities designed to celebrate and promote boarding schools and communities around the world. Schools are invited to take part in the BSA national events and are also encouraged to arrange their own celebration activities!
Activities could include:
- Boarder's support Barnardo's: arrange a boarding event and ask boarders to donate one silver coin to raise money for children's charity Barnardo's. Tweet your photos with the tag #nationalboardingweek
- Boarders got Talent: Please email entries to BSA@boarding.org.uk between 1 April - 7 June 2019. Final will be hosted at Pangbourne College on 19 June 2019. More information to follow.
- Big Boarding Sleep – encourage day students to come and stay for the night to get a taste of what boarding is really like
- Why I love boarding competition: Following the success of last years' first ‘Why I Love Boarding’ competition, the BSA is running it again! To enter, all your pupils need to do is tell us, in 25 words or less, why they love boarding. Submissions can be written, filmed, or recorded. Entries will be tweeted by the BSA throughout National Boarding Week. Submissions close on Sunday 23 June, with the winner being announced via Twitter on Friday 28 June. More information to follow.
One entry per student, all entries must be done by an individual, group entries will not go into the draw.
- Boarders give back: arrange a community event for your boarders - it could be visiting local aged-care centre, helping out at an animal shelter or cleaning up the local park!
Let BSA know your plans, we’d love to hear from you and see your photos!
Happy boarding! #iloveboarding
Download a copy of the NBW poster