14 Oct 2020 - 14 Oct 2020
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in boarding
Date: October 14, 2020
Time: 09:00 - 16:00
Price: Member rate (BSA/BAISIS/Sacpa) - £175 and Non-member rate - £350
Recent months have highlighted the complex issues surrounding equality, diversity, and inclusion and so we have put together a programme of knowledgeable and important speakers to challenge and lead our thinking. We see this as a significant opportunity for schools and their staff to learn and understand more about one of the most important issues of our time. This conference is fully inclusive and entirely suitable for any member of staff but will be particularly useful for staff in leadership roles.
Chaired by Irfan Latif, Conference Chair and Principal, DLD College London.
- Understanding the EDI framework
- Diversity in the boarding community
- Global inclusiveness
- Socio-economic inclusion in boarding
- Understanding and supporting the needs of all.
- Robin Fletcher, CEO, BSA & BSA Group
- Ammy Davies-Potter, Director of Guardianship and Inclusion, BSA Group
- Simon Henderson, Head, Eton College
- Helen Wright, International Education Advisor and Leadership Coach, Global Thought Leadership
- Nick Wergan, Global Education Director, Inspired Education
- Gavin Horgan, Head, Millfield School
- Jenny Nimmo, Principal, Potterspury Lodge School
- Trystan Williams, Principal, Venturers' Academy
- Nicky Bright, CEO, Bright Lead
- Gemma Woodhouse, Partner, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP
- Allana Gay, Co-Founder, BAMEed and Head Vita and Pax Prep School
- Justin Muston, Head of Staff and Student Formation, Rugby School.
- Chris Seal, Principal, Shrewsbury International Bangkok Riverside Campus
- Caroline Nixon, International Director, BSA and Director, BAISIS
- Elena Hesse, Vice Principal Pastoral, St Clare’s Oxford
- Dr Elly Barnes MBE, CEO and Founder of Educate and Celebrate
- Chris Kelly, Houseparent and MFL teacher, Trent College
- Ashfaque Alichowdhury, Chairman of the Association of Muslim Schools UK
- Jill Berry, Leadership Development Consultant, J Berry Associates Ltd
- Temi Akindele Barker, Co-Founder, Inclusion Labs
- Patrick Derham, Former Head, Westminster School, Rugby School and Solihull School
- Walter Boyle, Head Master, Holyport College
- Ali Henderson, CEO, Royal Springboard
- Cat Garnett, Head of PSHE and Religion, Philosophy and Ethics, Shrewsbury International Bangkok Riverside Campus
- Steve Chalke MBE, Founder and Leader of Oasis Global
- Sarah McKimm, Head of Legal and Policy, ISI
- The Rt Revd. Richard Atkinson, OBE, Bishop of Bedford
- Mark Dixon, Headmaster, The Royal Alexandra and Albert School and Chair of the State Boarding Forum, BSA
- Matthew Robinson, Head of Boarding, West Buckland School.
If you have any questions about this event, please don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.