03 Mar 2020 - 03 Mar 2020
Preparing for inspection - the Medical Centre
Date: March 03, 2020
Venue: St Teresa's, Effingham, Surrey, RH5 6ST
Cost: Member £210 / Non-member £260
Audience: Medical staff
To book your place, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you attend?
This course prepares you for the Medical Centre's part in the school inspection by covering the latest ISI guidelines and legislation. Through group discussion, there will be an opportunity to review your processes, checking they are robust and operational. The seminar will consider all the areas of medical compliance and discuss potential inspection questions. If you have never been through the inspection process, or are anticipating an inspection, this is a must.
- To understand the purpose of inspections
- To create an action plan for inspection
- To be inspection ready on the day
- Session 1 -the purpose of inspections why are they needed and what do they hope to achieve. Looks at the different types of inspections. Legislation and guidelines
- Session 2 - what aspects of the medical department will be scrutinised. The pupils pathway, managing preexisting medical conditions, managing the medical emergency
- Session 3 -creating and planning an inspection action plan. Policies, procedures and protocols
- Session 4 -what to do on the day, a look at likely questions
10 – 10:30 Tea/Coffee on arrival
10:30 Welcome and Introduction
10:35 Session 1 – the purpose of inspections, why they are needed and what do they hope to achieve?
11:45 Session 2 – What aspects of medical provision/department will be scrutinised?
13:30 Session 3 – Creating an inspection action plan
14:45 Session 4 – What to do on the day
Wider context and/or application to the Boarding sector:
This training will look at both the boarding and day day school experience, concentrating on the transfer of information through robust communication skills.
Outcomes and resources:
The candidates will examine their own environment and create an action plan for inspection. Group discussion will enable candidates to share ideas for inspection preparation and role play will give the candidates an understanding of what to expect of an inspection and how to behave throughout.
Speaker: Jane Graham, Lead Nurse, St Teresa’s, Effingham and BSA Nurse Advisor
Jane is a registered sick children’s nurse; she trained at Great Ormond Street and worked for 20 years on PICU as senior sister and practice educator. As part of the unit’s CATS trauma team she spent a lot of time teaching clinically or at South Bank University. More recently she moved into school nursing setting up medical centres in two schools. She continues at St Teresa’s School in Effingham as Lead Nurse. She runs a Surrey clinical supervision group for independent school nurses and has her own business in First Aid training.
Jane is married with 3 school age children.