05 May 2020 - 06 May 2020
This event has been postponed as soon as have more details on date and venue we will let eveyone know but for now we think this will be 22/23 September in London.
We are excited to announce the programme for our Annual Conference for Heads which will be held in Edinburgh on the 5th and 6th May 2020. The theme for this year is ‘Diversity' and we hope we have booked speakers who will inspire over the two days, as well as being an excellent opportunity to network with colleagues.
Hotel Accommodation has been reserved on the 5th May at the Kimpton, Charlotte Square and the InterContinental Edinburgh The George. Both Hotels are a short walk from each other, the Edinburgh International Conference Centre and the Assembly Rooms.
Tuesday 5 May
11am Conference Opens
7.30 - Awards Dinner
Wednesday 6 May
4.30 Conference Closes
5pm International Boarding Update
6.30 Drinks reception for International, New and Retiring Heads
7.30 The Chairman will be hosting dinner for international members and anyone who would like to join
Dinner and Overnight for those who wish to stay (please select this when booking)
The Awards dinner will take place on the 5th May at the Assembly Rooms. For the full list of awards and information on how to apply go to http://www.boarding.org.uk/476/i-love-boarding/bsa-awards-2020
Speakers booked to date include:
- Kirsty Bashforth, founder and CEO of QuayFive Ltd, a non-executive director of Kier Group plc & Serco Group plc, and a governor of Leeds Beckett University and Ashville College
- Increasing diversity of school markets - Mungo Dunnett, Founder, Mungo Dunnett Associates
- Supporting young people in boarding - Anthony Seldon, Vice Chancellor, The University of Buckingham
- Social Mobility: Chance or Choice? - Sonia Blandford, Social Mobility Expert & Professor of Education, UCL Institute of Education
- Safeguarding within a diverse world - A panel discussion – David Smellie, Partner, Farrer & Co & Dale Wilkins, Director of Safeguarding, Standards and Training, BSA
- Religious diversity in Schools - A panel discussion with school chaplains
- Lessons Learnt - John Edward, Director, SCIS and David Woodgate, Chief Executive, ISBA
- LGBT Plus - Diversity in our schools - Dr Ellie Barnes, Founder, Educate and Celebrate
- Is diversity of thinking in a critical incident management team an asset or a hinderance? Robin Hamilton, Director, Ai Schools
- Creating diverse and inclusive learning environments - Pearson UK
- Using technology to provide individualised learning and to meet diverse needs - Alex Handy, Assist Headteacher at Caludon Castle, Firefly Learning
Click here to download full conference programme.