Lancing College are seeking to appoint a good honours graduate to teach Mathematics throughout the school to A-Level as maternity cover for two terms from Easter until the end of the year.
The Teacher of Mathematics is responsible to the Head Master through the Head of Mathematics and Deputy Head.
Key Skills and Qualities required
- Experience teaching A-level would be essential.
- An excellent classroom practitioner (or with the potential to become one) with a genuine passion for Mathematics, able to able to lead by example and inspire pupils.
- A strong degree in a relevant discipline with post-graduate qualifications and experience desirable.
- A good team player with the ability to lead and work with a small team but also to work independently.
- Outgoing and positive in personality with the vocation, enthusiasm, and gravitas to be an outstanding ambassador for the College.
- Kindly, approachable, and measured in manner with the ability to form strong working relationships with pupils, colleagues, and parents.
- Organisation, discretion, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
- Willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the College.
- Confident proficiency with using Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel. Training will be given on the College’s Management Information System (iSAMs) and on the use of a surface pro which staff are given.
Please apply directly using the links below. Please make sure to fill out the whole application form and pre-employment declaration form.