Application Package: Primary Teacher and Assistant Head of Primary Behavioural Leadership, Wellbeing & Inclusion (f/m/d)
Contract Start Date: August 2024
Employment: Full-time (50% Teaching / 50% Leadership)
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is a vibrant, unique and dynamic IB World School (EY, PYP, MYP, DP & CP) located in heritage listed buildings on a beautiful campus in Vienna. We strive to create a strong sense of community, which allows students to discover their talents during the education process. With a strong commitment to creativity and performance throughout the school, AMADEUS has a dedicated Academy of Music and the Arts. Our excellent boarding facilities host students from around the world as part of a school community of more than 50 nationalities.
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is seeking an outstanding Assistant Head of Primary with a portfolio for behavioural leadership, wellbeing & inclusion. The successful candidate will be a passionate, motivated and creative educator, who thrives in a family like environment and knows how bring out the best in his/her students. The leadership portion of this role will be approximately 50% and the remainder of the teaching role will be built around the successful candidate.
· Promote child protection and safeguarding school wide
· Uphold and promote the school mission, vision, values, pillars of educational distinction, and behavioural framework
· Promote the positive, collaborative, and professional culture of the school section based on the learner profile
· Promote international mindedness and global citizenship throughout the school section
· Maintain a highly-visible profile in the relevant school section and provide regular instructional leadership to faculty
· Participate as a member of the School Educational Leadership Team and support in steering the work of the Department Coordinators (including by lending support and recommendation toward to budgeting, planning, scheduling, project execution and resource allocation)
· Make a significant contribution toward SEN, liaising with EAL and Counselling to ensure that these areas are data driven and well organised in regards to the “big picture” delivery of student support.
· Supporting consistency and quality in the daily Homeroom time, that the daily homeroom time is being well used to promote pastoral care
· Liaising with the ASA coordinator and the SEP coordinator
· Coordinating weekly assemblies
· In collaboration with the Head of Primary, develop the timetable for the relevant section and manage the duty roster
· Ensure clear and consistent communication of learning outcomes with parents, online and via parent evenings (including scope and sequence and assessment and reporting timeframes)
· Supporting new student transition
· In collaboration with the Head of Primary support the consistent implementation of the school behavioural expectations
· Leading any restorative practices that might take place outside of the classroom
· Contribute to safety processes including building security, emergency procedures, transportation, evacuations, lockdowns and fire drills
· Record relevant data for use in educational decision making
· Developing student recognition (either through Learner Profile or other areas of focus)
· Student service and action and student leadership (organising student counsel, developing student initiatives within the Primary school)
· Track attendance
· Responsible for the cover and duty rosters in the Primary School
· An appreciation of the IB Philosophy
· Excellent organisational and communication skills
· Epitomises the School’s values and definition of Educational Distinction
· Valid working permit / permission to work in Austria
· Experience in SEN, Student support, EAL, Pastoral care
· Previous leadership experience in a similar position
· Master in Education or equivalent
· Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
· Competent operating school-based information management systems (iSams, ManageBac)
· Valid First Aid Certification
WHAT WE OFFER
· A welcoming and inclusive work environment with a sense of mission and community
· Long-term employment in an international company
· Ability to be involved in a variety of projects as well as community activities
· Complementary lunch during the academic year
HOW TO APPLY
AMADEUS International School Vienna follows international best practice Child Protection and Safer Recruitment processes. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening (police records) and appropriate pre-employment/reference checks.
The position will remain open until filled, early applications are preferred and encouraged.
Thank you for understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.