Application Package: Mathematics Teacher (f/m/d)
for MYP & DP
Contract Start Date: August 2024
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is a vibrant, unique and dynamic IB World School (EY, PYP, MYP, DP & CP) located in heritage listed buildings on a beautiful campus in Vienna. We strive to create a strong sense of community, which allows students to discover their talents during the education process. With a strong commitment to creativity and performance throughout the school, AMADEUS has a dedicated Academy of Music and the Arts. Our excellent boarding facilities host students from around the world as part of a school community of more than 50 nationalities.
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is seeking an experienced IB teacher of Mathematics. The successful candidate will be a passionate, motivated and creative teacher, who thrives in a family like environment and knows how bring out the best in his/her students. The ability to teach another subject will be highly valued.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF SUPPORT AND LEARNING
· Contribute conscientiously and sensitively toward creating a safe environment in which all students can learn (including implementation of policy and procedure relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding)
· Work closely and collaboratively with the academic team to ensure the effective delivery of high-quality teaching and learning and development a relevant, challenging and rigorous MYP and DP IB curriculum
· Plan and deliver lessons in the relevant subject area, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
· Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life and engage in cycles of continuous improvement
· Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect
· Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning
· Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils’ learning
· Communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
· Take an active part in the life of the school through attendance at parents’ meetings, school events and professional development as required
· Contribute relevant skills and talents to the after-school activity and Boarding programme
· Master’s Degree (or Magister) and teaching qualification that fulfils the requirements of the Austrian authorities to teach Mathematics (MEd, BEd, PGCE, PGCiE, PGDE, QTS)
· Subject and pedagogical expertise in Mathematics
· An appreciation of the IB Philosophy
· Epitomises the School’s values and definition of Educational Distinction
· Previous experience of teaching the IB MYP & DP
· Ability to teach another subject would be an advantage
· IB training Category 1 or 2
· Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
· Competent operating school-based information management systems (iSams, ManageBac)
· Valid First Aid Certification
· Valid working permit / permission to work in Austria
WHAT WE OFFER
· A welcoming and inclusive work environment with a sense of mission and community
· Long-term employment in an international company
· Ability to be involved in a variety of projects as well as community activities
· The salary, depending on qualifications and experience, follows the current salary scale with a minimum gross yearly salary of EUR 46.480,00 for an employment based on a full-time equivalent
· Complementary lunch during the academic year
HOW TO APPLY
AMADEUS International School Vienna follows international best practice Child Protection and Safer Recruitment processes. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening (police records) and appropriate pre-employment/reference checks.
The position will remain open until filled, early applications are preferred and encouraged.
Thank you for understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.