Application Package: English Teacher (f/m/d) for IB MYP and IB DP
Head of English Department
Contract Start Date: August 2024
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is a vibrant, unique and dynamic IB World School (EY, PYP, MYP, DP & CP) located in heritage listed buildings on a beautiful campus in Vienna. We strive to create a strong sense of community, which allows students to discover their talents during the education process. With a strong commitment to creativity and performance throughout the school, AMADEUS has a dedicated Academy of Music and the Arts. Our excellent boarding facilities host students from around the world as part of a school
community of more than 50 nationalities.
AMADEUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL VIENNA is seeking an outstanding IB teacher of English Language. The successful candidate will be a passionate, motivated and creative teacher, who thrives in a family like environment and knows how bring out the best in his/her students.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF SUPPORT AND LEARNING
• Contribute conscientiously and sensitively toward creating a safe environment in which all students can learn (including implementation of policy and procedure relating to Child Protection
• Work closely and collaboratively with the academic team to ensure the effective delivery of highquality teaching and learning and development a relevant, challenging and rigorous MYP and DP
• Plan and deliver lessons in the relevant subject area, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation
• Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life and engage in cycles of continuous improvement
• Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect
• Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning
• Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils’ learning
• Communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues
• Take an active part in the life of the school through attendance at parents’ meetings, school events and professional development as required
• Contribute relevant skills and talents to the after-school activity and Boarding programme
• Master’s Degree in English
• Teaching Qualification (MEd, BEd)
• Subject and pedagogical expertise in English, Leadership experience
• An appreciation of the IB Philosophy
• Epitomises the School’s values and definition of Educational Distinction
• Previous experience of teaching the IB MYP & DP
• IB training Category 1 or 2
• Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
• Competent operating school-based information management systems (iSams, ManageBac)
• Valid First Aid Certification
• Valid working permit / permission to work in Austria
WHAT WE OFFER
• A welcoming and inclusive work environment with a sense of mission and community
• Long-term employment in an international company
• Ability to be involved in a variety of projects as well as community activities
• Complementary lunch during the academic year
HOW TO APPLY
AMADEUS International School Vienna follows international best practice Child Protection and Safer Recruitment processes. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening (police records) and appropriate pre-employment/reference checks.
The position will remain open until filled, early applications are preferred and encouraged.
Thank you for understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.