Chosen to represent Prior Park College, student Alexander Tometzki has recently won a coveted place on the Senior Physics Challenge summer school at the University of Cambridge.
During the 5 day summer school, students will participate in many activities including general physics and research lectures, practical lab classes, evening entertainment (physics estimation) and admissions talks. They are also required to study the Quantum Mechanics course in advance of the week.
This course not only gives a great taster of university study but allows the pupils to be stretched in their knowledge and understanding of Physics with intensive tuition that will emphasise developing problem-solving and experimental skills. Alexander was supported in his application by the Physics Department who run a weekly Tricky Physics session which gives extension work to the best sixth form Physicists.
Headmaster Mr James Murphy-O’Connor commented: “This is a fantastic opportunity for Alex; his dedication to studying Physics is highly commendable. It is also a testament to our dedicated Physics department that our students are able to push themselves to achieve success outside the classroom and develop their love for learning.”
- Prior Park College is one of the largest independent Catholic co-educational boarding and day schools in the UK, with 600 students.
- The College is situated within a picturesque 57-acre site overlooking the world heritage city of Bath.
- The College received ‘outstanding’ in its latest ISI Inspection Report.
- Prior Park College is part of Prior Park Schools which comprises a group of four schools; Prior Park College, Bath, Prior Park Prep School, Cricklade, Wiltshire; The Paragon Junior School, Bath and Prior Park School, Gibraltar.
- Further information can be found on our website www.priorparkschools.com