It was a very successful Saturday for the Prior Park boys cricket teams, who chalked up 3 out of 5 wins playing against Monkton Combe School at the weekend.
The 1st XI were in particularly fine form, with Fergus Nutt (Year 13, Burton House) scoring a fantastic century of 152 runs; the highest total recorded for an individual at Prior Park. Fergus played exceptionally, along with Nick Lees (Year 12, Burton House), who went on to get 111 not out. This partnership of 250 went on to set another school record.
This extraordinary day of cricket drew to an end with Prior Park at 302-2, the highest recorded score by a Prior Park 1st XI team.
Director of Sport Rhys Gwilliam commented: “This is a fantastic achievement for both Fergus and Nick, breaking records, and is just reward for all of the hard work and effort that they put into their technical development during the winter. With the addition of the new sports hall and further developments that are in the planning, Prior Park College Sport should have a very bright future".
Fergus Nutt (Left), Nick Lees (Right)
- Prior Park College is one of the largest independent Catholic co-educational boarding and day schools in the UK, with 600 students.
- The College is situated within a picturesque 57-acre site overlooking the world heritage city of Bath.
- The College received ‘outstanding’ in its latest ISI Inspection Report.
- Prior Park College is part of Prior Park Schools which comprises a group of four schools; Prior Park College, Bath, Prior Park Prep School, Cricklade, Wiltshire; The Paragon Junior School, Bath and Prior Park School, Gibraltar.
- Further information can be found on our website www.priorparkschools.com