01 May 2018 - 03 May 2018
Conference Venue - The Grand Hotel, Brighton
Dates and Times - 11am Tuesday 1 May - 10am Thursday 3 May
Speakers booked so far include:
- Revered Steve Chalk MBE, Founder of the Inspire Project, launching 2018, a peace project for children and schools of all sectors, faiths and backgrounds to mark the end of the Great War
- Leading futurist and senior associate from the Innovation Unit, David Price OBE
- A sector update from Barnaby Lenon, Chairman, ISC
- Online bullying expert, Lauren Seager-Smith, CEO, Kidscape
- Ian Davenport, CEO, RNCF / Springboard and Patrick Derham, Headmaster of Westminster School will lead a session on the contribution our sector makes towards vulnerable children
- Kate Richards, Chief Inspector, ISI will provide an update on inspection changes
- KPMG’s Global Head of Corporate Citizenship, Lord Michael Hastings CBE, will lead a session on social responsibility
- Vice Admiral Ben Key CBE, Commander of the Fleet, former boarder, boarding school governor and boarding parent, discussing leadership under pressure
- And Dr Laura Henry, Director of Chinquapin Preparatory School, Texas, sharing the inspiring story of a boarding school for low-income students.
- Awards dinner host, Bettany Hughes, English Historian, Author and Broadcaster
BSA Head of Safeguarding and Standards, Dale Wilkins, will also be leading a safeguarding panel to update colleagues on recent legislative changes, the inquires and updates on the current safeguarding landscape.
Our annual dinner will take place in the magnificent British Airways i360 viewing tower, with the drinks reception in the 160m high observation platform overlooking the Brighton seafront.
BSA Boarding Achievement Awards
This year we will be celebrating the achievements of our sector at the Annual Conference and Awards Dinner on May 2.
Entry forms and criteria are detailed below for the six categories, designed to showcase the best of the boarding community. The closing date for applications is March 16 and shortlisted schools will be informed prior to the conference.
The first evening will be a free evening giving colleagues the opportunity to enjoy the restaurants in Brighton. If you do wish to eat in the hotel this can be arranged in the hotel's GB2 restaurant.