18 Jun 2018 10:30 - 18 Jun 2018 15:30
Taking on a new boarding house
Date: June 18, 2018
Anyone who has recently taken on, or will shortly take on responsibility for running a boarding house.
Why you should attend?
This workshop will explore the many diverse issues associated with taking on a new boarding house. Promotion to HsMs or HP and the associated responsibility for running a House is an exciting prospect. However, it can also be a stressful and anxious period as the reality of the situation hits home.
This workshop, run by experienced House Parents, will provide an opportunity in a neutral environment to review and consider the key issues relating to students, staff, policies and procedures as well as demands of managing the physical building itself!
- Developing a House 'mission'
- Key policies, procedures and protocols
- Risk assessment, safeguarding and compliance
- Reviewing current provision
- Creating a development plan
- Selling your House - the art of marketing boarding.
Venue: Broadway House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9NQ
Cost: Member £200