22 Nov 2017 10:30 - 01 Mar 2018 15:30
BSA Practice Certificate in International Boarding 2017-2018
Date: Wednesday November 22, 2017
Thursday March 01, 2018
This course is aimed at any member of staff that wish to improve their academic and pastoral support for international boarders.
Key Elements of the new Certificate Course
Programme in International Boarding
• The strategic nature and importance of the international boarding market
• Why international students seek a British education
• Cultural identity, cultural values, and cultural difference
• Induction, culture shock, and integration
• Identifying and meeting the pastoral and academic needs of the international student.
This course will involve presentations, group discussions and case studies. Each study day will begin at 10.00am and finish at 3.30pm. Delegates will be supported by course tutors. The course assignment is designed to help focus on one aspect of pastoral care related to international boarders, with a view to improving that provision and support.
Successful students will have gained knowledge and skills to allow them to add value to the way in which their school or college support their international boarding community.
Venue: Baden Powell House, 65-67 Queen's Gate, South Kensington, London, SW7 5JS
Cost: Member £425