31 Jan 2018 - 02 Feb 2018
Annual Conference for Deputy Heads and Heads of Boarding
Manchester Midland Hotel, 16 Peter Street, M60 2DS
Download the full programme here
- Dr Sarah Fane, CEO & Founder from the Afghan Connection
- Erina Naluwaga, Youth Programmes, Project Officer from the Greater London Authority Erina was brought up in foster care before being placed by her local authority as a boarder at New Hall School, Essex. Erina explored this experience for her master’s degree
- Dale Wilkins, BSA Head of Safeguarding and Standards
- Jeremy Thomas, Author, Speaker and all round survivor speaking about How To Stay Sane In An Insane World
- Satveer Nijjar from Attention Seekers talking about self-harm
- Nathan Clements, HR Director, Boots UK & ROI on Transforming Your Team
Breakout sessions include:
- Quality Guardianship – why it matters to schools, parents and most importantly the child
Julie Chatkiewicz - Deputy Head, St Margaret's School and AEGIS Trustee - Julie has worked in education for 27 years, specialising in History which she teaches to A-level students. Julie is also a boarding inspector for ISI.
Yasemin Wigglesworth – Executive Officer, AEGIS (Association for the Education & Guardianship for International Students) - Yasemin joined AEGIS in 2012, gaining valuable insight into the niche industry of guardianship. Yasemin previously worked in international student recruitment and marketing.
- Safeguarding, Allegations & Self-Reporting, Ben Collingwood, Partner, Barlow Robbins Solicitors
Non Members - £645