We are currently looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our extremely successful, forward thinking and kind school.
St George’s has a long and proud history dating back to its original foundation in 1348. Formerly a school only for boys it became fully co-educational from 1997 and one of its primary roles is the education of the boy choristers who sing the daily services in St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle.
St George’s enjoys an excellent reputation for the quality of its academic teaching, the pastoral care of its pupils and for the range of sport, music and co-curricular activities on offer. For further details about the school please visit the website www.stgwindsor.org
The position would suit a recent graduate who has an interest in teaching within the framework of a co-educational Prep school. Initiative, enthusiasm and an enjoyment of working with young people are essential and it is very much hoped that the successful candidate will have the ability to inspire pupils both in and out of lessons.
Energy, resilience and a willingness to work as part of a team are also key aspects of the role. Ideally, the applicant should be adaptable, confident and have a sense of humour.
This role would be particularly suitable for someone who is considering a career in education.
The Graduate Assistant will assist in all areas of the school, providing support for pupils who need it most. There should be a role model keen to work with colleagues in maintaining a supportive and nurturing environment. They will report principally to the Deputy Head and will take a full and active role in curricular and co-curricular activities. Duties will include the following:
- Providing support in curriculum lessons
- Providing support to our Music Department
- Supporting the pastoral care of the choristers and boarders
- Assisting with lesson preparation
- Assisting on school trips
- Assisting with duties throughout the day
- Completing routine administrative tasks
- Assisting with the organisation and smooth running of school events
- Commitment to boarding school life
- A professional, caring and compassionate approach to dealing with pupils
- Willingness to be involved in a range of co-curricular activities
- Committed to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people
- Committed to valuing and respecting the views and needs of children and young people