Bellerbys College is looking for an experienced resident Houseparent to run its U18 accommodation in Cambridge.
We are seeking an individual who can lead the team of residence staff to support our students in the residence, providing excellent welfare and pastoral care. You will be able to take up the post in January 2018, although an earlier start date would be an advantage.
You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of young people, and international students in particular. Ideally, you will have experience of working in an education setting.
Accommodation will be provided in a self-contained apartment; meals also included during term-time. Duties will include evenings and weekends, according to a shared rota with the other resident Houseparent.
- Responsibility for ensuring a safe, caring boarding environment in the U18 residence and to promote high standards of pastoral care
- To fully comply with all current safeguarding and child protection procedures and to ensure that staff within the line management of this post do the same.
- Full line management and supervision of residential staff including responsibility for:
Induction in boarding practice
Regular reviews of boarding practice
Weekend and evening activity provision
- Staff training and continual professional development in boarding
- Roster management and ensuring appropriate cover
- Ensure all residence staff are adequately briefed on legislation, quality initiatives and most up to date working and good practices within the residence
- Be available to support the new student arrival induction process
- Ensure students’ personal belongings are kept securely and that individual rooms and common areas are maintained to a high standard, liaising with the Cleaning and Maintenance teams as appropriate.
- Act as key holder and take responsibility for carrying out pre-arrival and departure room checks
- Ensure staff shifts are started and concluded according to documented handover procedures
- Be available to attend team meetings, training and staff events outside of your scheduled hours as required
- Liaise with and support staff across the College including Student Services, the academic team, administrative and security staff
- Act as Fire Warden and assist in Fire Drills at weekends when required. Write up reports on action taken should the fire alarm sound whilst you are on duty.
From time to time you will also be expected to undertake activities related to this role as reasonably requested by your line manager.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students; all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate safeguarding training and operate within these guidelines. The successful applicant will undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service
For an application form and job description please contact:
Cambridge CB2 1LU.
Study Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 20th November, 4:00 pm